August 11, 2015 § 2 Comments
My sister-in-law is expecting her first child, a little girl, in a couple of months. So to celebrate, we had a beautiful baby shower for her and her little one. We decorated the room with white and gold and then used pops of pink. It was fun showering her with love in anticipation of her sweet little girl! Before we know it, she will be here and little E will have a new playmate. He’s been telling me that he can’t wait.
June 5, 2015 § 1 Comment
While pregnant, I often researched what the best products were for my pregnancy, as well as for when little Everett came along. I wanted to make the most of my pregnancy, as well as try to ensure that my first few weeks of mommy-hood would be as comfortable as could be. So I thought I would share some of my favorite pregnancy and baby essentials.
1. Bump Nest Body Pillow – This was my first purchase when we found out that we were pregnant, and I think it was one of the best purchases I made! This pillow is so comfortable and hugs you and supports you in all the right places. What I loved is that it was both in front of me where I could put it in between my legs, as well as behind me, helping me stay sleeping on my side. Right now it is stored safely in my closet, but I am tempted to bring it back out again as I love it that much!
2. L’Occitane Pure Organic Shea Butter – I rubbed this Shea butter on my stomach every night and I didn’t get a single stretch mark! I used about 2 containers my whole pregnancy, with the second container going a lot faster than the first one. It also helped with soothing my itchiness that I got later on in my pregnancy when I really started stretching. I don’t know if the Shea butter stopped me from having stretch marks, but my belly sure stayed smooth and moisturized!
3. Pregnancy Work Out DVD – I loved Tracy Anderson’s The Pregnancy Project workout videos. I am not an avid workout person, but I really enjoyed doing these workouts, especially during my first 1/2 of the pregnancy. The videos not only helped give me a little pep in my step when I was really tired, but it also helped me take my focus off of my nausea. The workouts change each month and combine stretching with repetitious moments that focus on your arms, legs, and butt. You’ll need a yoga mat (or a rug or something soft) and 3lb weights.
4. Coobie Bras – I got a couple of these early on in my pregnancy after reading some reviews. They are a one size fits all bra, if that is even possible, and are really comfortable and supportive. They are also very flexible and the straps unhook, which comes in handy for nursing once your little one arrives. They are also pretty cheap! The only downfall is that they aren’t the most “cute” or “sexy” bra, but when your breasts are changing sizes and you need something comfortable, these bras are nice.
5. Rainbow Light Prenatal Vitamins – Everyone will have prenatal vitamins that they like, but I really enjoy taking Rainbow Light vitamins. Since I have a very sensitive body that is easily affected by what I put into it, I wanted something that would be natural and free of additives. This multivitamin is natural, vegan, and is guaranteed AllgergenSafeguard (free of gluten, soy, yeast, fish/shellfish, nuts, dairy). Is is also free of artificial colors, flavors, sugar, sweeteners, preservatives, and has 90 million bioactive probiotics! I take it in the morning when I wake up and have no problems digesting it.
6. PinkBlush Maternity Clothes – Saying I LOVED these clothes is an understatement! Their maternity tops were and are (I still wear them because they look cute even post pregnancy) really comfortable. They were stretchy in all the right places. Plus, I received many compliments on how cute I looked when wearing their clothes. Their items are pretty cheap – they often have some sort of sale going on – and are, I think, some of the cutest pregnancy clothes around.
1. Velcro Swaddles – These swaddles have been amazing! It is really easy to wrap your baby up snug and tight, as they have Velcro. Everett has been sleeping in them since we arrived home from the hospital, and he loves them. If I don’t swaddle him, he doesn’t sleep as well. So I would highly recommend getting them. Everett is now outgrowing them (he is in the 80th percentile in height), so we are starting to wrap the swaddles around the middle of his arms and they still work.
2. Nursery Works Sleepytime Rocker – This rocker is fabulous! It is really comfortable, has a pillow for your lower back, and is really wide so anyone can fit in it. I would say that is one of the best things we have in our nursery.
3. Mamaroo – This rocker is great! At first we weren’t sure if Everett liked it, but he sure does now! It sways and bounces like a Mama, hence the name, so it is very soothing to babies.
4. Baby Jogger City Select Stroller – We absolutely love this stroller! I have heard it referred to as the “Cadillac of strollers”. It is really smooth to push and can turn on a dime. It has 16 possible configurations, which means that your family can grow into it. You can connect your car seat or a bassinet, which is what we have, and you can also add a second seat to it to make it a double stroller and can even get a Glider Board so you can have three kids!
5. The Solly Baby Wrap – We love this wrap, as it is comfortable and breathable, which is great for Everett and I because we are always hot. Also, anyone can wear it no matter how big or small you are. It feels very secure, and I have no worries that Everett will fall out. You can use it from newborn up to about 25lbs.
6. Ergo Baby – The Ergo Baby is great for carrying your baby around at all stages. You can carry your baby in front of you facing you, on your hip, or on your back. I can see us using ours a lot while going on hikes, and just the other day, I used it while biking to a soccer game. You can use it from newborn (with the newborn insert) up to 45lbs.
7. Lamaze Sleep & Nursing Bra – In the beginning it was really uncomfortable for me to sleep without a bra, plus I was always leaking milk! So I got two of these bras to sleep in at night. They are so comfortable and are easy to nurse in! They were definitely a great purchase, and sometimes I think I should have bought a few more!
April 8, 2015 § 1 Comment
Since Everett was only 8 days old on Easter, we laid low per the suggestion of our pediatrician, as the flu is pretty bad this season. So after trying to catch some sleep in the morning, we went over to James’ parents for an Easter lunch, played board games, and got our first family photo post hospital. Everett even had his first Easter basket filled with goodies!
All in all, we had a great day spending time with family in celebration of the resurrection of Christ!
March 27, 2015 § 1 Comment
I am going to bombard you with some family/maternity photos in this post, so watch out! A few months back, we were able to scramble together some time to get photos done during our busiest month. Samantha Hanny from Samantha Hanny Photography took our photos, and she did a fabulous job documenting and capturing our little family of two, soon to be three! She is based in Idaho Falls, ID, and we will forever be grateful for the beautiful work she did, especially because it was freezing outside and her fingers were frozen since she had to have them exposed to take pictures! We may look all warm and toasty, but believe me when I say that that blanket was a lifesaver! And we always had our coats just out of the shot to throw on.
Without further adieu, let the scrolling begin. You have been forewarned!
March 24, 2015 § 3 Comments
When we bought our place a few months ago, the first thing I wanted to tackle was the nursery. I had so many ideas of what I wanted to do and ran with the different inspiration I found for a fun, but gender neutral room. And thanks to my wonderful husband, sister-in-law, father-in-law, and mother, the room was painted perfectly! I couldn’t have imagined a better accent wall. James was in there many hours making sure our little one’s room was going to be spectacular. I hope you enjoy seeing all that we have done.
Transforming the space. I wanted to create a gender neutral room that had whites and grays, but also a pop of color. I fell in love with the sea-foam blue paint color and knew I wanted to do a herringbone pattern. I wanted one accent wall where the crib would go, and then we decorated the rest of the room with other blue and green items.
The overall vibe of the room. I wanted the room to feel bright and airy, so the three other walls are white. When the sun is setting, we love to sit in the rocking chair and soak in the suns rays; the room is so warm and cozy! Also, I realized as we decorated that we unintentionally went with somewhat of an animal theme. We have a lot of unique animals throughout the room. Lastly, I really wanted to incorporate into the room a map of the world where we would put red hearts in the places where family lives that loves our little boy. Since taking these pictures I found the red hearts and they are on the map showing where all the love is coming from.
March 23, 2015 § 1 Comment
39 Week Stats – Baby L.
i’m feeling: ready to meet our little guy! We are both excited for his arrival and keep wondering when the day will arrive. And on Saturday, my mom and I went for a 5 mile walk to help coax him to come into the world, but it hasn’t worked yet. Though I’m thinking he might decide to show his cute little face sometime this week…
baby is as big as: a watermelon. Our baby boy is around 18.9 to 20.9 inches long, and he weighs anywhere between 6.2 to 9.2 lbs. Tomorrow I’ll find out at my weekly doctor’s appointment how big he might be. I’m thinking about 7 lbs.
food love: I’m not craving anything at this point, but my mom keeps making me sweets that I can’t stop eating – no bake cookies, rice crispy treats, cheddar popcorn…One would think she is trying to fatten me up like a farmer fattens up a pig for the slaughter! 🙂
food hate: nothing. I’ve been loving all food lately.
sleep: is going better than I thought. Once I lay down for the night, it usually takes an hour for our little guy to stop moving around and kicking, so I usually watch a show or two until he falls asleep and then I can fall asleep. James and I keep telling him that mommy needs to sleep before he comes, but he doesn’t seem to get it…
currently living in: long shirts that don’t let air get up to my stomach.
And last but not least, some practice breathing pictures for your enjoyment!
March 16, 2015 § 1 Comment
38 Week Stats – Baby L.
i’m feeling: a little nervous about delivery, as we found out at our last appointment that our little guy is still sunny side up. We are praying that he turns around and faces the other way in time for delivery! I haven’t been nervous or worried about too much up to this point, but the thought of him not turning around is lingering in the back of my mind every day. I’m also hot all the time – ALL THE TIME! And I’m sweating because I get so hot and can’t re-wear a shirt due to that. Maybe a little TMI?
baby is as big as: a leek. Our baby boy is around 18.9 to 20.9 inches long, and he weighs anywhere between 6.2 to 9.2 lbs. I’ll find out at my appointment tomorrow about how much my doctor thinks he weighs this week.
food love: yogurt and cheese.
food hate: NOTHING! It’s been great! 🙂
sleep: is great when I take benadryl, but bad the nights I don’t take it.
currently living in: anything that looks appealing when I look in my closet, which isn’t too much at this point. I feel like I am rotating through the same outfits day after day.