Pregnancy and Baby Essentials
June 5, 2015 § 1 Comment
While pregnant, I often researched what the best products were for my pregnancy, as well as for when little Everett came along. I wanted to make the most of my pregnancy, as well as try to ensure that my first few weeks of mommy-hood would be as comfortable as could be. So I thought I would share some of my favorite pregnancy and baby essentials.
1. Bump Nest Body Pillow – This was my first purchase when we found out that we were pregnant, and I think it was one of the best purchases I made! This pillow is so comfortable and hugs you and supports you in all the right places. What I loved is that it was both in front of me where I could put it in between my legs, as well as behind me, helping me stay sleeping on my side. Right now it is stored safely in my closet, but I am tempted to bring it back out again as I love it that much!
2. L’Occitane Pure Organic Shea Butter – I rubbed this Shea butter on my stomach every night and I didn’t get a single stretch mark! I used about 2 containers my whole pregnancy, with the second container going a lot faster than the first one. It also helped with soothing my itchiness that I got later on in my pregnancy when I really started stretching. I don’t know if the Shea butter stopped me from having stretch marks, but my belly sure stayed smooth and moisturized!
3. Pregnancy Work Out DVD – I loved Tracy Anderson’s The Pregnancy Project workout videos. I am not an avid workout person, but I really enjoyed doing these workouts, especially during my first 1/2 of the pregnancy. The videos not only helped give me a little pep in my step when I was really tired, but it also helped me take my focus off of my nausea. The workouts change each month and combine stretching with repetitious moments that focus on your arms, legs, and butt. You’ll need a yoga mat (or a rug or something soft) and 3lb weights.
4. Coobie Bras – I got a couple of these early on in my pregnancy after reading some reviews. They are a one size fits all bra, if that is even possible, and are really comfortable and supportive. They are also very flexible and the straps unhook, which comes in handy for nursing once your little one arrives. They are also pretty cheap! The only downfall is that they aren’t the most “cute” or “sexy” bra, but when your breasts are changing sizes and you need something comfortable, these bras are nice.
5. Rainbow Light Prenatal Vitamins – Everyone will have prenatal vitamins that they like, but I really enjoy taking Rainbow Light vitamins. Since I have a very sensitive body that is easily affected by what I put into it, I wanted something that would be natural and free of additives. This multivitamin is natural, vegan, and is guaranteed AllgergenSafeguard (free of gluten, soy, yeast, fish/shellfish, nuts, dairy). Is is also free of artificial colors, flavors, sugar, sweeteners, preservatives, and has 90 million bioactive probiotics! I take it in the morning when I wake up and have no problems digesting it.
6. PinkBlush Maternity Clothes – Saying I LOVED these clothes is an understatement! Their maternity tops were and are (I still wear them because they look cute even post pregnancy) really comfortable. They were stretchy in all the right places. Plus, I received many compliments on how cute I looked when wearing their clothes. Their items are pretty cheap – they often have some sort of sale going on – and are, I think, some of the cutest pregnancy clothes around.
1. Velcro Swaddles – These swaddles have been amazing! It is really easy to wrap your baby up snug and tight, as they have Velcro. Everett has been sleeping in them since we arrived home from the hospital, and he loves them. If I don’t swaddle him, he doesn’t sleep as well. So I would highly recommend getting them. Everett is now outgrowing them (he is in the 80th percentile in height), so we are starting to wrap the swaddles around the middle of his arms and they still work.
2. Nursery Works Sleepytime Rocker – This rocker is fabulous! It is really comfortable, has a pillow for your lower back, and is really wide so anyone can fit in it. I would say that is one of the best things we have in our nursery.
3. Mamaroo – This rocker is great! At first we weren’t sure if Everett liked it, but he sure does now! It sways and bounces like a Mama, hence the name, so it is very soothing to babies.
4. Baby Jogger City Select Stroller – We absolutely love this stroller! I have heard it referred to as the “Cadillac of strollers”. It is really smooth to push and can turn on a dime. It has 16 possible configurations, which means that your family can grow into it. You can connect your car seat or a bassinet, which is what we have, and you can also add a second seat to it to make it a double stroller and can even get a Glider Board so you can have three kids!
5. The Solly Baby Wrap – We love this wrap, as it is comfortable and breathable, which is great for Everett and I because we are always hot. Also, anyone can wear it no matter how big or small you are. It feels very secure, and I have no worries that Everett will fall out. You can use it from newborn up to about 25lbs.
6. Ergo Baby – The Ergo Baby is great for carrying your baby around at all stages. You can carry your baby in front of you facing you, on your hip, or on your back. I can see us using ours a lot while going on hikes, and just the other day, I used it while biking to a soccer game. You can use it from newborn (with the newborn insert) up to 45lbs.
7. Lamaze Sleep & Nursing Bra – In the beginning it was really uncomfortable for me to sleep without a bra, plus I was always leaking milk! So I got two of these bras to sleep in at night. They are so comfortable and are easy to nurse in! They were definitely a great purchase, and sometimes I think I should have bought a few more!